All posts for the month March, 2014
Posted by pauldingcommunityblog on March 21, 2014
Maumee Valley Planning Organization (MVPO) is currently developing a rural long range regional transportation plan for Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding, and Williams counties with a horizon year of 2040.
The plan, Moving Together 2040, is being funded in part by a grant from the Ohio Department of Transportation to review existing transportation conditions and proposed improvements.
The plan will be multi-modal and encompass traffic volumes, accidents, road and bridge conditions, rail crossings and train characteristics, environmental issues, recreational trails, population areas including age and environmental justice, as well as other elements pertaining to transportation and planning for the region.
Maumee Valley Planning Organization is currently asking residents in the five-county area for their comments on the draft goals and objectives of the Long Range Transportation Plan.
The draft goals and objectives of the plan are as follows:
• Safety and Efficiency: Reduce serious injury/fatality crashes and eliminate/reduce congestion on the transportation network.
• Environmental Stewardship: Reduce impacts to environmental, natural, and cultural resources.
• Accessibility and Mobility: Improve accessibility for the residents to work/activity centers and movement of goods/products in the region.
• Bicycle and Pedestrian Initiatives: Improve/expand recreational trails for all citizens.
• Public Involvement: Involve and receive input from the public during all stages of the planning process.
• Finance: Develop project priority criteria to select projects. Freight and Economic Vitality: Identify regional growth and investment areas for all modes of transportation.
The goals and objectives in their entirety can be found under the “Transportation Planning” tab on MVPO’s website: mvpo.org.
MVPO is asking residents to submit their comments by phone, standard mail, e-mail, or by visiting the agency’s website and entering their comments into the comment box by April 15th, 2014. E-mail comments are to be sent to Ellen Barry at email@example.com and residents may also contact her by phone at 419-784-3882. Standard mail comments can be sent to: Maumee Valley Planning Organization 1300 E. Second Street, Suite 200 Defiance, OH 43512.
Posted by pauldingcommunityblog on March 7, 2014